Healthy ways to process red meat - As the name suggests, red meat is red meat. This meat can be processed and preserved into smoked meat, sausages, pork, ham, beef balls or minced meat. Red meat is actually a source of protein, iron, vitamins and minerals beneficial to the body. But if consumed too often, red meat can pose a health risk.
Many diseases can occur because of the frequent consumption of red meat, including colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, heart disease and diabetes.
Selection of types and modification of treatment methods
Eating too much red meat can indeed have a negative impact on health, but that does not mean that you can not eat red meat at all. Red meat can still be consumed, it's just that you have to pay attention to the serving and how to treat it.
Please note that you can consume a maximum of 100 grams of red meat a day. 100 grams of red meat is about half a sheet of bread. While for processed red meat, such as sausages and ham, it is recommended not to consume more than 70 grams per day. In addition, choose a meat with a little fat.
If you like to eat red meat, here are some ways to treat it so that it stays healthy for consumption:
- Eat lean red meat, especially meat that ends in loin, such as fillet or sirloin.
- Replace beef or mutton with chicken or seafood.
- When cooking food with beef sausages, multiply the vegetables and replace some sausages with pieces of chicken.
- Remove the fat from the meat before cooking.
- Treating red meat at high temperatures can cause these foods to release substances that increase the risk of cancer. Therefore, avoid roasting and frying red meat with overheated temperatures. Use a medium temperature, but cook a little longer.
- Turn the meat back and forth as often as you can when cooking or frying.
- Make sure the meat is cooked long enough until the germs die, but do not cook until it is too ripe. Overcooked red meat contains more carcinogenic ingredients.
- Red oat meat must be baked, sautéed, steamed or prepared by a soup. Discard the fat after browning the cooked meat.
- Eliminate skin and fat under the skin before treatment.
Eating red meat is acceptable, but you need to pay attention to the serving and how to cook it. In order to keep your body healthy, in addition to following a healthy diet, we also encourage you to exercise regularly, get enough rest and quit.