When you want to lose weight, you often receive advice to follow a balanced diet. If you understand that your diet needs to be varied, what about the consumption of fruit during a diet? A balanced diet lures you to consume proteins, carbohydrates and unsaturated fats. All of these nutrients are found in white meats, eggs, dairy products, grains, legumes, nuts and oils.
To be completely balanced, your diet must also include its share of fiber often present in fruits and vegetables. But besides the vitamins and minerals that fruits offer you, there are nevertheless fruits to avoid at all costs when you want to lose weight.
THE FRUITS TO AVOID TO LOSE WEIGHT
Fruits and vegetables are usually the most prescribed to quickly reach the goal you have set for yourself. Fruit abuse can become a drag on weight loss. This seems contradictory and surprising because you often hear about the positive virtues of fruit to lose weight. Zoom on the true implications of fruit consumption. Whether it is to lose weight or to stabilize your weight, what are the fruits to avoid to have the body that you want.
For those who really want to be healthy, bananas are often recommended. However, when it comes to losing weight, opinions differ as to whether to eat bananas or not.
Indeed, several reasons might suggest that it is more prudent to be careful when it comes to eating this fruit. Here are the three main ones:
- Too many calories: Just the composition of the ripe banana is an indication that it is not appropriate to overeat it if you want to lose weight. Indeed, it is very rich in carbohydrate and it is also what gives it a calorie intake of 93.6 for only 100 grams.
- A high GI: Many dieticians consider that the banana has only a moderate glycemic index, it becomes a higher GI when the fruit reaches a higher stage of maturity. In this case, it is important to point out that bananas can turn into bad fats and increase weight instead of helping to lose weight if consumed in the wrong way.
- An astringent effect: The consumption of ripe bananas requires a much longer digestion than other fruits. Because of this, there is a great risk of gaining weight because the calories contained in the fruit are assimilated in greater quantity by being in the intestine. In addition to tiring the body during digestion, eating ripe bananas is a good way to assimilate as many calories as possible.
Remember that like any other food, excessive consumption of bananas can compromise your goals. In addition, its fiber intake is less important than the sugars it contains, another point that opposes the goal of losing weight. To reduce its negative effects, you can prefer bananas still slightly green. Their glycemic index will be lower.
When we think about the fruit that is the most harmful during a diet, we must immediately think of the grapes. Despite the different virtues that can be attributed to it, it should be noted that certain aspects of this fruit do not always allow us to reach the weight that we want.
The criteria for this are numerous and to name a few, there is for example the fact that it consists of a very high carbohydrate content. Because of this, this fruit has a caloric intake more or less high that is not negligible. Indeed, a portion of 100 grams of grapes is rather rich in calories.
Small comparison: The grapes contain 74 Kilocalories around 33 kilocalories for strawberries. This fruit is too caloric. So that the grapes do not affect your weight loss, it is better to find a good way to consume it. Already, it is better to take only occasionally and in small quantities. This will reduce the chances of assimilation of too much carbohydrate which will only increase weight gain.
In case you particularly like grapes and you want to eat, it is better to use capsules like those found in some specialty stores and have the merit to be really slimming. It is also advisable to avoid grape juice which has a much higher sugar content than fresh fruit. The latter also has a high glycemic index which helps to slow down any weight loss considered.
Cherry is a fruit that is very often banned when it comes to weight loss. Without fully understanding the reasons for this option, most of us prefer to avoid consuming it. And yet, it's important to understand what makes this fruit so dangerous in achieving your weight loss goals. Indeed, it will allow you to no longer succumb so easily to the temptation it may have during the season of their appearance. Among the facts not to neglect, know that the cherry contains a lot of sugar and therefore a substantial energy intake.
In terms of calories for example, you should know that only 100 grams of cherry already contain between 70 and 80 calories. This usually varies from the nature of the cherry but also from its maturity. Despite its low glycemic index, less than 25, the cherry has a high fructose level that could have bad repercussions on your weight loss goals. As you might expect, cherry is a fruit not recommended if your goal is to lose weight quickly.
However, on some occasions you can eat it. Of course, it is best to do it in small quantities to avoid the negative effects of the fruit. In order to counter this, you are even allowed to use cherry peduncles that do not have the same effects as the fruit. Used in the form of tea, this element of cherry would be a good idea to improve your weight loss.
TO LOSE WEIGHT, FAVOR THE RED FRUITS
In addition to their exquisite flavors, red fruits are considered the best allies that can be used to promote thinning. Also called berries, you should know that red berries are very wide variety and can enjoy many benefits to lose weight.
This concerns for example raspberries, currant, strawberry, blueberry, the caseilles and Goji berries, cranberry, blueberry and bay chokeberry. Regarding the effects of these fruits, it should be noted that they are very low in calories. Even if they contain some varieties of sugar like most fruits, they are not as important as you might think.
On the other hand, they are great sources of minerals, vitamins, oligoelement as well as antioxidants allowing to favor slimming. Compared to our body, the purpose of the berries will be to boost the metabolism and the different immune functions of our body.
In general, the consumption of fruit in large quantities can create adverse effects to weight loss. This is not at all the case of red berries as they become effective laxatives when eaten in large numbers.
Finally, the red fruits have a high water content. It is quite beneficial during a diet because the rehydration of the body makes it possible to burn the fat more easily when one is at rest. In short, it is therefore the fruit to consume par excellence if you want to boost your weight loss. Although they are always good allies for our health, fruits can be harmful when we try to lose weight.
For different reasons, it is better to choose the ones you eat to avoid slowing down weight loss or even triggering a new weight gain. The fruits to avoid are those with a significant intake of sugar. On the other hand, it is best to favor those with many vitamins and minerals while having a low calorie content. When used with care, fruits can help you lose weight easily.
WHY FRUITS CAN SLOW DOWN WEIGHT LOSS
Since many times, many diets maintain the need to eat plenty of fruit to lose weight. However, there is some evidence that some fruit actually slows down the weight loss process and in some cases even promotes weight gain. Why with that? In fact the consumption of certain fruits in too large quantities acts on our body in a very different way. The main reasons for slowing down weight loss through fruit consumption are usually:
- Misuse of fruit in the diet: Although many weight loss systems advise that it is important to eat 5 fruits and vegetables every day, it is best to consume a maximum of two fruits a day. In fact, too much fruit consumption could increase both the sugar level and the calories. Fruit juice, compote and others are therefore to proscribe to lose weight effectively.
- The presence of a substantial amount of sugar: It is quite true that the sugar contained in the fruits is natural. However, this does not prevent them from being the source of stagnation of your weight loss. When they are consumed too much, fructose found in fruits are stored and therefore act against the loss of weight.
- Sometimes high calorie intake: Most fruits are considered to have a much lower caloric intake. However, there are some that are not necessarily a great help in a slimming diet. This is for example the case of avocado with 200 calories for only 100 grams or passion fruit with 100 calories per 100 grams.
For many reasons, it is better to pay attention to the types of fruits that are consumed. The amount we take each day also helps us to stagnate while avoiding it makes it easier to lose weight.
FRUITS WITH A HIGH GLYCEMIC INDEX
Fruits contain different kinds of sugars including glucose, sucrose and fructose for example. To avoid any impact on the progression of your diet, it is better to know precisely their glycemic index. To get an idea of the glycemic index, several parameters must be taken into account. These parameters include maturity, sugar content and ability to be assimilated quickly.
Fibers have a direct impact on the glycemic index of fruits. It is therefore advisable to favor fruit rich in fiber to slim down. In fact, eating apples or apple juice does not necessarily have the same glycemic index just as a ripe banana will not be equivalent to a younger banana.
Although the parameters often change according to the research carried out, the results with respect to the glycemic index of the fruits remain however more or less similar. Fruits with a really high glycemic index are melon for with a figure of 67, bananas with a glycemic index of 65, pineapple for 59 and grapes for 55. After that, there are still other fruits apricots, peach, papaya and watermelons.
FRUCTOSE MAKES YOU FAT
As we have already seen above, fructose is one of the main components of fruit that can slow down weight loss. Because of this, it is best to stick to a pretty small amount a day. To be more precise, respect between 15 and 30 gr per day. In practice it represents two fruits and three vegetables a day. For a better understanding of the effects of fructose on your weight, it is important to know the impacts on the body.
- The consequences on the liver: It is one of the most affected organs when you consume too much fruit, and at the same time fructose. Unlike other types of sugar in fruit, fructose comes directly to the liver and will be treated only by the latter. And since the liver has only a reduced possibility of storage, the surplus becomes fat that will go to other parts of the body. This is usually what causes visceral fat.
- Effects on hunger: If for people with type 2 diabetes, some fruits are proscribed, it is because of their fructose which also acts against insulin. For people in full regime, the concept is the same because that is what manages our appetite and the storage of what we eat. It is for this reason that it sometimes happens that after having eaten certain fruits, one is even more hungry than usual.
- Other consequences not to neglect: In addition to effects on the liver and hunger, fructose also acts on other elements of our body. This is for example our bad cholesterol also known as LDL. Fructose also affects triglyceride levels and uric acid levels.
In short, in addition to preventing you from losing the extra pounds, fructose is a real enemy if you want to be healthy. However, by using it correctly, it allows our body to be at its best.