Who wants a little chocolate dessert? I see that many of you raise your finger. Then I present you my new recipe that I made for the New Year: chocolate dome and crunchy praline heart. But I do not tell you how it was too good my greedy! To bang your buttocks on the floor lol 😂
Ingredients / for 6 persons
- 125 g ground almonds
- 5 egg whites
- 75 g icing sugar + 50 g for snow whites
- 70 g crushed pecans
- 25 g of flour
- For the chocolate mousse :
- 150 g of chocolate
- 3 eggs
- For crunchy chocolate praline:
- 150 g of chocolate
- 2 tablespoons praline paste
- 80 g of liquid cream
- For mirror glazing :
- 200 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 70 g of water
- 70 g of cocoa
- 150 g of liquid cream
- 3 sheets of gelatin
- Difficulty - Easy
- Preparation - 35 minutes
- Baking - 20 minutes
1. The day before. For the praline crunchy heart, melt the chocolate with the liquid cream and the praline paste in a saucepan over low heat. Pour into a bowl and let cool. For the chocolate mousse, melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. In a bowl, mix the egg yolks with the melted chocolate.
Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and add them delicately to the chocolate. Fill half of each foam dome (I use a silicone mold). Garnish with a tablespoon of preparation "praline crispy heart", cover with chocolate mousse. Book a night in the freezer.
2. The next day. For the preparation, preheat the oven to 180° C. In a bowl, mix ground almonds, flour and 75 g icing sugar. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and add 50 g icing sugar. Gently add the egg whites to the dry mixture and then the crushed pecans.
Bake for 8/10 min depending on oven (dacquoise must remain soft). Use a dome-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the dacquoise circles. Put them on a baking sheet. Unmould the domes and place them on each dacquoise disk. Put everything back in the freezer.
During this time, it is necessary to carry out the mirror frosting. Dip the gelatin sheets in a large bowl of cold water. Heat the water and sugar until it is boiling. Pour over the cocoa powder and mix well. Heat the cream and pour over the chocolate. Add the gelatin leaves (which you have drained) and mix until the gelatin dissolves.
Let cool while stirring occasionally so that the frosting reaches a temperature of about 20-25° C. Take out the domes, put them on a rack and pour the frosting. Put them on a serving dish and 1 hour in the freezer. After an hour, put them in the refrigerator. Before serving, decorate with praline or other decorations of your choice.